Yesterday the Duke of Edinburgh and the Queen visited the Wyvern Barracks in Exeter during a tour of Devon. What seamed to have been a typical royal visit went a little astray when Prince Phillip asked a young Sea Cadet if she worked in a strip club.
The Duke of Edinburgh is known for his inappropriate comments from time to time. He asked 24-year-old Elizabeth Rendle (seen above) what she did for a living. Her answer was that she worked in a club. Prince Philip then laid down the comment ‘ Do you work in a strip club?’. This got a huge laugh out of the pour cadet and the rest of her barrack. Prince Phillip then remarked that such an occupation in this current weather would be ‘too cold’. I Love your work PP.
This is not the first time Prince Phillip has managed to get his 88 year old foot stuck in his mouth. Below is my top ten comments made by the Royal:
1. To British Cadets on the China State Visit, 1986 : If you stay here much longer, you’ll all be slitty-eyed.
2. To a blind women with a guide: “Do you know they have eating dogs for the anorexic now?”
3. To an Aborigine in Australia: “Do you still throw spears at each other?”
4. To his wife, the Queen, after her coronation: “Where did you get the hat?”
5. When asked if he would like to visit the Soviet Union: “The bastards murdered half my family”
6. To a Briton in Budapest: “You can’t have been here that long – you haven’t got a pot belly.”
7. To a driving instructor in Scotland: “How do you keep the natives off the booze long enough to get them through the test?”
8. After the Dunblane shooting: “If a cricketer, for instance, suddenly decided to go into a school and batter a lot of people to death with a cricket bat, which he could do very easily, I mean, are you going to ban cricket bats?”
9. To a student who had been trekking in Papua New Guinea: “You managed not to get eaten, then?”
10. To Elton John after hearing Elton had sold his Gold Aston Martin: “Oh, it’s you that owns that ghastly car – we often see it when driving to Windsor Castle.”