My favourite book of all times is Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy by Douglas Adams which was inspired by the original radio comedy series with the same name. I first read this book about 15 years ago and have two printed copies and the Kindle version. Its an unofficial tradition to read it every May as a tribute to Adams himself.
Every year since 2001 fans from every corner of the Galaxy come together to honour Adams on the 25th May. This is known as Towel Day. Why Towels? Well you better read the book.
There are Hitchhikers Guide To The Galaxy events happening today all over the world. Events ranging from Poetry readings to flash mobs. I myself will be heading down to my nearest pub to down the infamous Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster. As I doubt they would have it on their cocktail list I will take the recipe with.
- Take the juice from one bottle of that Ol’ Janx Spirit.
- Pour into it one measure of water from the seas of Santraginus V.
- Allow three cubes of Arcturan Mega-gin to melt into the mixture (it must be properly iced or the benzene is lost).
- Allow four litres of Fallian marsh gas to bubble through it.
- Over the back of a silver spoon float a measure of Qalactin Hypermint extract.
- Drop in the tooth of an Algolian Suntiger.
- Sprinkle Zamphuor.
- Add an olive.
- Drink . . . but . . . very carefully . . .
One last thing to remember today…DONT PANIC!